Upcoming Classes for Basics
Books Available for Checkout
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to PC Basics (004 Kraynak)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Using Your Computer - For Seniors
- Computer Basics (004.16 Price)
- Absolute Beginner's Guide: Computer Basics (004 Miller)
- Absolute Beginner's Guide: Computer Basics (004.16 Miller)
- "Is this thing on?": a Computer handbook for late bloomers,
technophobes, and the Kicking and Screaming (004.16 Stokes)
- Macs All-In-One for Dummies (004.165 Hutsko)
- How to Do Everything - Mac (004.165 Spivey)
- Computadoras para todos (004 Restrepo)
- PCs para dummies (004.16 Gookin)
- Domestica tu Mac (005.446 Moreno Perez)
MOUSE & KEYBOARD BASICS
- GCF Learn Free — Mouse Tutorial
- GCF Learn Free — Typing
- Palm Beach County Library — Mousing Around
- Palm Beach County Library — Raton (Español)
- Palm Beach County Library — Mousercise
- Palm Beach County Library — Mousercise (Español)
- Typing.com — Practice
- Good Typing — Practice
- Keyboarding Skills for Your Career
- Cursomeca.com (Español)
- Digital Learn — Primeros Pasos en el Equipo
GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR TABLET
- Android Phones and Tablets (004.167 Hart-Davis)
- Android Tablets for Dummies (004.165 Gookin)
- Android Tablets for Seniors in Easy Steps (004.165 Vandome)
- iPad All-in-One for Dummies (004.1675 Muir)
- iPad: The Missing Manual (004.1675 Pogue)
- iPad and iPad Mini: Absolute Beginner's Guide (004.165 Kelly)
- Windows 8 for Tablets for Dummies (005.446 Rathbone)
WINDOWS 10 BASICS
Classes for those who are new to computers and looking to build foundational knowledge and skills.
Mouse & Keyboard Basics
Learn how to left-click, right-click, double click, use basic command keys, and navigate various areas of the keyboard in this class.
Learn basics like how to start your computer, save and re-open a file, and create a folder in this class.
Learn basic internet terminology, how to navigate a browser, locate a website, identify common domains, and stay safe while searching the internet in this class.
Outlook Email Basics
Learn to create a free Microsoft Outlook email account and use its features to send, receive, and organize email messages in this class.
Computer Maintenance Basics
Learn tips and tricks for improving your computer's performance, stability and speed through common maintenance tasks in this class.
File Management Basics
Learn how to find electronic files quickly and easily by creating folders, organizing files into folders, and managing content in this class.