- The Gail Borden Public Library District appreciates the donation of a variety of print and media materials. These are accepted with the understanding that the Library has the right to determine the disposition of the gift. Books and other materials that are not added to the collection are offered to the Friends of the Foundation for their book sales.
- The Gail Borden Public Library District accepts gifts of money to enhance library services. Funds received are managed by the Library’s Finance Department.
- The Library will not accept any materials that are not outright gifts and will not accept any items that attach the condition of periodic or permanent display.
- The Library reserves the right at all times to dispose of any gift without notification to the donor, if in the judgment of the staff, such item no longer services the purposes of the library.
- The Library cannot make a determination of the value of a donation or act as an appraiser pursuant to The Tax Reform Act of 1984, Sec. 155a.
- A Gift Agreement form must be signed by the donor for donation of items other than books and media.