Rapid delivery of library materials.
LINKin is a resource-sharing partnership between the Gail Borden Public Library District and other area libraries including: Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Cook Memorial Library, Deerfield Public Library, Elmhurst Public Library, Naperville Public Library, Skokie Public Library, Waukegan Public Library and Wheaton Public Library.
This service offers convenient access to the collections of the partner libraries when materials are not available at Gail Borden Public Library. Patrons are able to request materials from our LINKin partners via a click-thru from our online catalog or with staff assistance. Materials requested from LINKin libraries can be expected to arrive within 1 week on average, and patrons will be notified by phone or email when the item is ready for pickup.
Gail Borden Public Library cardholders can use LINKin to request items that are checked out or not owned by Gail Borden Public Library. However, new materials CANNOT be borrowed through the LINKin service.
How does LINKin work?
- Search the Gail Borden Public Library catalog to see if the item is available for checkout.
- If the item is not available, click on the Item not available? Search LINKin libraries icon to pass your search on to the LINKin catalog.
- If a partner library has the item, the LINKin catalog will display a catalog record for the item, the number of libraries that own it, and a Request this Item link.
- Click on the Request this Item link.
- If the item is available for checkout, the catalog will request the name of the library with which you are affiliated. Select Gail Borden from the drop-down menu and then click the Submit above information button.
- Next, type your name and Gail Borden Public Library card barcode number in the spaces provided. Click the SUBMIT button.
- If your request is successful, the catalog will display "your request was successful" and the transaction is complete. Gail Borden Public Library will notify you when the item is ready for pickup.
- If the item is not available for borrowing from one of the LINKin partner libraries, the catalog will display an explanation.
No copies are available at this time. Please check with your local library.
You cannot use LINKin to request items that are available at your institution.
Please contact the Information desk at 847-429-4680 for assistance with incomplete transactions or general questions about the LINKin service.