Try out the Oculus Rift—the Newest in Virtual Reality!
Experience and enjoy the future of entertainment, education and human storytelling.
What is Oculus Rift?
Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset. It offers superb stereoscopic 3D visuals and utilizes head tracking technology for a highly immersive experience. The device works by creating a 3D image using two high-resolution screens and sensors to detect the user’s head and body movement.
With the Rift’s advanced technology, you will immerse yourself in a sensorial environment. You can travel through time and ride a dinosaur or blast off into space to explore celestial structures or just hang out with friends in VR.
This is only a sampling of the games we have to offer.
• Body VR: Educational game where you travel throughout the inner workings of the body and get to see things close up and personal as well as enjoying interesting facts about the body.
• Farlands: You are a scientist who is discovering and documenting new alien worlds. Which involves taking care of and playing with alien creatures.
• Henry: This short video was the first VR video to win an Emmy! It is a short cartoon about a porcupine on his birthday.
• Woofbert: This is an educational experience that allows you to inspect art as you walk through a virtual museum.
• The Night Café: allows you to enter an explore the paintings of Vincent van Gogh by actually walking inside of his masterpieces
Here's a Sneak Peak!
**See the Second Floor Information Desk at the Main Library to use the Oculus Rift, sessions will be one-hour long. Children younger than 18 years must be accompanied by an adult while using the Oculus Rift.