Upcoming Classes for Software & Apps
GENERAL OPERATING SYSTEMS
Books Available for Checkout
- Teach Yourself Visually Windows 8 (005.432 McFedries)
- Windows 8 Simplified (005.446 McFedries)
- Windows 8 for Dummies (005.446 Rathbone)
- Windows 8.1: The Missing Manual (005.446 Pogue)
- Windows 8.1: Absolute Beginner's Guide (005.446 Sanna)
- Windows 8.1 for Dummies (005.446 Rathbone)
- Windows 8.1 in Easy Steps (005.446 Vandome)
Books Available for Checkout
- Cloud Computing (004.36 Miller)
- Sams Teach Yourself iCloud in 10 Minutes (004.6782 Miser)
- How to do Everything: iCloud (004.6782 Rich)
- Google Apps Deciphered: Computer in the Cloud to Streamline
your Desktop (005.3 Granneman)
- How to do Everything with Google Tools (025.04 Baker)
- eBay for Dummies (004.67 Collier)
- Sams Teach Yourself eBay in 10 Minutes (381.177 Miller)
- eBay Auction (658.87 Schirmer)
- eBay 101 (658.87 Weber)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Money with Craigslist
- (658.872 Press)
- Selling Online 2.0: Migrating from eBay to Amazon, Craigslist, and your own e-commerce Website (658.872 Miller)
- Official eBay Support — Buying
- Official eBay Support — Selling
- Official Craigslist Support
- Tech Boomers — Shopping Websites
- GCF Learn Free — Social Media
- Jacob Curtis — Social Media Tutorials
- Moz — Guide to Social Media
- Tech Boomers — Educational Websites
- Tech Boomers — Social Websites
- Queens Library — Social Media Tutorials
- Social Brite — Social Media Tutorials
- Facebook: The Missing Manual (004.678 Vander Veer)
- Facebook All-in-One for Dummies (006.754 Crager)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Facebook (006.754 Kraynak)
- Facebook for Grown-ups (006.754 Miller)
- Facebook y Twitter para adultos (658.872 Vander Veer)
- Pinterest for Dummies (006.754 Carr)
- Teach Yourself Visually Pinterest (006.754 Majure)
- My Pinterest (006.754 Miller)
- Head first WordPress (006.78 Siarto)
- WordPress (006.78 Beck)
- WordPress: the missing manual (006.752 MacDonald)
- WordPress Absolute Beginner's Guide (006.78 Hussey)
- WordPress Web Design for Dummies (006.7 Sabin-Wilson)
Classes for those looking to enhance their skills with various software and social media applications.
Need help figuring out how to use your tablet, smartphone, or eReader? Bring your questions and your device to the library for some 1:1 help!.
Rakow: 1st & 3rd Thursdays ⁄ Main: 2nd & 4th Thursdays
Can't make it to Device Advice? Stop by the Information Service desk with quick questions. Need more time? Schedule a one hour appointment!
Google Tools: Gmail *NEW* Starting Fall 2016
Learn how to streamline electronic communication with an in-depth overview of Gmail and Google Contacts in this class.
Google Tools: Chrome *NEW*
Learn how to personalize Google Chrome with the Web Store and enhance your web browsing experience in this class.
Google Tools: Drive *NEW*
Learn the many ways in which Google Drive can be used for uploading, organizing, and sharing files in the cloud in this class.
Google Tools: Docs *NEW*
Learn how to use Google Docs’ basic features for creating, editing, and sharing word processing documents in this class.
Google Tools: Sheets
Learn how to create and manage spreadsheet data using the basic features of Google Sheets in this class.
Google Tools: Slides
Learn how to use Google Slides’ basic features to add and delete slides, load templates, format text, and add graphics to a presentation in this class.
Google Tools: Calendar
Learn how to use Google Calendar to keep track of upcoming events, commitments, and tasks in this class.
Google Tools: Forms
Learn how to use Google Forms to create and share interactive questionnaires, surveys, and quizzes in this clas.
Learn about profiles, messages, posts and adding content to Facebook in this introductory class.
Facebook: Getting Started *NEW*
Learn how to build your profile, add friends and share content in this hands-on class.
Learn how to use Flickr-a free online photo application--to upload, edit, organize, share, and store your pictures in this class.
Flickr: Getting Started
Learn to use Flickr's editing tools to adjust photo elements like lighting, coloring, and cropping to present your photos at their best in this class.
Learn to use Pinterest to create virtual bulletin boards to share images, recipes, craft ideas, and other things you love in this class.
Best Travel Apps *NEW* Fall 2016
Learn how popular travel apps such as Priceline, Trip Advisor, Uber and even First Aid can help you enjoy your next trip in this class.
Heath & Wellness Apps *NEW*
Learn about some of the best new health and wellness apps for nutrition, fitness, medical information, personal care and more in this class.
What Do I Read Next?
Learn how to use Goodreads and Novelist to browse reading interests, discover new authors, rate and review your reads, and choose your next literary adventure in this class.
Fantasy Football Basics
Learn how to use online tools like Yahoo and ESPN to set up and participate in your own fantasy football league this season.
The classifieds have moved online! Learn how to use Craigslist--the largest online classified ad website--to buy, sell, trade, and more in this class.
Learn how to navigate and buy merchandise on eBay--the world's largest online marketplace--as well as how to pay for purchases with PayPal in this class.
Selling on Ebay
Learn how to create an auction, employ selling strategies to maximize profit, navigate eBay's rules, and earn seller ratings that boost future business in this class.
Tablets: Getting Started
Learn basic features and functions of your tablet like how to navigate, connect to WiFi, download apps, adjust settings and more in this class.
Tablets: Working with Apps
Learn about some of the best apps for enhancing your life and having fun with your tablet. Must bring your own device and understand how to download apps.
Tablets: Library Entertainment Apps
Learn how to download free eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies, and music using your library card and GBPL's entertainment apps. Bring your device and a valid library card.
Learn how WordPress allows users to build websites or blogs in this five-part series.
WordPress: Getting Started
Learn how to pick WordPress themes to match your web content and how to customize the style and layout of your website while managing posts and pages in this class.
WordPress: Configuring Options
Learn how to improve and manage your WordPress website with plugins, manage multiple site contributors, add interactive forms and more in this class.
WordPress: Maintaining Your Site
Learn options for securing, updating, and backing up your website and dive deeper into options for managing site performance in class four of the WordPress series.
WordPress: Hosting Your Site
Learn how to choose a hosting service that suits your website and well as how to set up and FTP account and create a database in class five of the WordPress series